Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Stephan Bardubitzki <so...@bardubitzki.com> on 2005/05/31 05:34:38 UTC

Derby update and C-JDBC

Hi,

I'm using Cloudscape 10 for a while and switched now to derby. The jdbc
driver for both a currently not supporting update able ResultSets.
Version 10_1 beta made some progress in this case, but inserting rows is
still not supported.

I'm wondering whether the use of C-JDBC can solve this issue?

I also can't connect to my Cloudscape 10 database with Derby 10.1 beta,
error:

ERROR XJ040: DERBY SQL error: SQLCODE: -1, SQLSTATE: XJ040, SQLERRMC:
/home/bardu/Database/BSDataXJ040.CXCW00:10.010.1
betaXCW00.DFailed to start database '/home/bardu/Database/BSData', see
the next exception for details.Unsupported upgrade from '10.0' to '10.1
beta'.

Why is it so and is there a workaround?

Thanks in advance.

Stephan

Re: Derby update and C-JDBC

Posted by Daniel John Debrunner <dj...@debrunners.com>.
Stephan Bardubitzki wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using Cloudscape 10 for a while and switched now to derby. The jdbc
> driver for both a currently not supporting update able ResultSets.
> Version 10_1 beta made some progress in this case, but inserting rows is
> still not supported.
>
> I'm wondering whether the use of C-JDBC can solve this issue?
>
> I also can't connect to my Cloudscape 10 database with Derby 10.1 beta,
> error:
>
> ERROR XJ040: DERBY SQL error: SQLCODE: -1, SQLSTATE: XJ040, SQLERRMC:
> /home/bardu/Database/BSDataXJ040.CXCW00:10.010.1
> betaXCW00.DFailed to start database '/home/bardu/Database/BSData', see
> the next exception for details.Unsupported upgrade from '10.0' to '10.1
> beta'.
>
> Why is it so and is there a workaround?

See

http://incubator.apache.org/derby/derby_downloads.html#Development+trunk