Posted to common-commits@hadoop.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2008/10/01 09:26:30 UTC

[Hadoop Wiki] Update of "PoweredBy" by ankur

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Hadoop Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by ankur:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/PoweredBy

  Applications and organizations using Hadoop include (alphabetically):
-
+  * [http://aol.com/ Aol]
+   * We use hadoop for variety of things ranging from ETL style processing and statistics generation to running advanced algorithms for doing behavioral analysis and targeting.
+   * Our cluster size is 50 machines, Intel Xeon, dual processors, dual core, each with 16GB Ram and 800 GB hard-disk giving us a total of 37 TB HDFS capacity.

   * [http://a9.com/ A9.com] - Amazon
    * We build Amazon's product search indices using the streaming API and pre-existing C++, Perl, and Python tools.