Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Wilson, Bob" <Bo...@americawest.com> on 2001/11/19 21:10:27 UTC

WebPagePortlet development...

With regard to WebPagePortlet, I have created a portlet entry in the
demo-portlets.xreg file where I'm trying to point it to my company's
website.  I copied the JavaSoft entry in this file and changed the name and
the URL but I'm unable to view the website.  The portlet entry shows up in
the list of portlets to select.  Is there something else that I have to
configure, customize, or add in order to be able to retrieve the content
from a particular website??

Is there a tutorial or some documentation that explains or will walk a
person thru the steps to understand (something similar to the Hello World
Portlet docs)??

Thanks,
Bob.

Re: WebPagePortlet development...

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
Bob,
Since the portlet show up in the customizer, then look in the Jetspeed
log file.  I suspect you will find an error there.

The WebPagePortlet is pretty straight forward.  The content of the URL
is retrieve and passed through the HTML rewriter.  The HTML rewriter may
strip stuff, like java script and java applets, and change any url links
based on the configuration.

Paul Spencer