Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Ikonne, Ike" <Ik...@stercomm.com> on 2010/07/16 22:12:58 UTC

how to embed tomcat 7

Hi all,

I am a newbie to Tomcat, currently I use Jetty Webserver in an embedded
mode; can

someone point to me on how I could go about embedding Tomcat into my
application.

When I say embedding, I mean running Tomcat without any of the
configurations files that

comes with the standalone version.  I would like to configure all aspect
programmatically.

Thanks,

Ike

Re: how to embed tomcat 7

Posted by David Calavera <da...@gmail.com>.
I have a pet project using an embedded tomcat. It's written in ruby but the
code is pretty straightforward to follow:

http://github.com/calavera/trinidad

The class that configures the tomcat instance is this:

http://github.com/calavera/trinidad/blob/master/lib/trinidad/server.rb

Cheers

Re: how to embed tomcat 7

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

RE: how to embed tomcat 7

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Ikonne, Ike [mailto:Ike_Ikonne@stercomm.com]
> Subject: how to embed tomcat 7
>
> can someone point to me on how I could go about embedding
> Tomcat into my application.

I don't think anyone has properly documented how to do this, but the first set of APIs you need are here:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/api/org/apache/catalina/startup/Tomcat.html

 - Chuck