Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Mahmood Naderan <nt...@yahoo.com> on 2014/03/09 09:08:33 UTC

Heap space

Hello,
I ran this command

    ./bin/mahout wikipediaXMLSplitter -d examples/temp/enwiki-latest-pages-articles.xml -o wikipedia/chunks -c 64

but got this error

There are many web pages regarding this and the solution is to add "-Xmx 2048M" for example. My question is, that option should be passed to java command and not Mahout. As  result, running "./bin/mahout -Xmx 2048M" shows that there is no such option. What should I do?

Regards,
Mahmood

RE: Heap space

Posted by Jason Xin <Ja...@sas.com>.
Hello, Sebastian,

Can you help me remove my email account from this list? I tried several time with unsubscribe but to no vail. Thanks.

The email is Jason.Xin@sas.com

Best Regards
Jason Xin

Posted by Sebastian Schelter <ss...@apache.org>.

Re: Heap space

Posted by Mahmood Naderan <nt...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks. Let me post a new thread on both lists with details

Regards,
Mahmood

On Tuesday, March 11, 2014 10:24 PM, Andrew Musselman <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

Mahmood, just an observation and reminder, Suneel's not the only one on the
list.  We're all here to help.

This may be a question for a Hadoop list, unless I'm misunderstanding.
When you say "resume" what do you mean?

Re: Heap space

Posted by Andrew Musselman <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Heap space

Re: Heap space

Re: Heap space

Posted by Mahmood Naderan <nt...@yahoo.com>.
UPDATE:
[...]

I expect that there should be a more meaningful error message that *who* needs more heap size? Hadoop, Mahout, Java, ....?

Re: Heap space

Re: Heap space

Re: Heap space

Re: Heap space