Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Jennifer E Jones <jo...@yahoo.com> on 2014/03/22 19:22:55 UTC

How can you create floating fields in a Base report

I have created a Base report but some of my fields contain less data and need to shrink left or up to create a consistent look to the report without a lot of white space.  I have been able to do this in other database programs through the field's properties but cannot figure a way to do it in Base.  I thought that the shrink options in the editor would work but these don't seem to do anything.  Any thoughts?  Thanks.

Jennifer

Re: How can you create floating fields in a Base report

Posted by johnny smith <ka...@krovatka.su>.
On Sat, 22 Mar 2014 18:22:55 -0000, Jennifer E Jones <jo...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have created a Base report but some of my fields contain less data and need to shrink left or up to create a consistent look to the report without a lot of white space.

on the 6th step of report creation, 'create report', choose 'modify report layout' and shrink or expand the columns as you wish.