Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Bs Serge <se...@gmail.com> on 2021/12/13 08:50:40 UTC

Log4j in OFBiz

Hi all,

I’m sure all of you are aware of what’s going with the Log4j security
vulnerability, If not then :

- https://www.wired.com/story/log4j-flaw-hacking-internet/
-
https://logging-apache-org.translate.goog/log4j/2.x/security.html?_x_tr_sl=de&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US

So some of us are wondering :

Does this affect at least some versions of OFBiz? and What can one do to
make sure that they are safe from this vulnerability?

Best Regards,

Re: Log4j in OFBiz

Posted by Nicolas Malin <ni...@nereide.fr>.
Hello,
OFBiz is affected by this.
This week-end we publish a corrective version 18.12.03 [1], and the
trunk has been also corrected(many thanks to Jacques !)

If you want to fix your OFBiz version, update your log4j dependencies to
version 2.15.0.

You can check the Jacques's commit
64a0b6e8d04b936f472b418cc8847c03b462d3a0 for more details

Nicolas

[1] https://dlcdn.apache.org/ofbiz/apache-ofbiz-18.12.03.zip
[2]
https://github.com/apache/ofbiz-framework/commit/64a0b6e8d04b936f472b418cc8847c03b462d3a0