Posted to user@jclouds.apache.org by Sunil Shah <su...@mesosphere.io> on 2014/08/18 04:59:52 UTC

Deleting disks on node destroy

Hey,

We noticed that when calling destroyNodesMatching on Google Compute Engine,
boot disks are left behind for the nodes created.

Is this the default behaviour of JClouds? If so, is there any way to
configure deletion of these disks when nodes are destroyed?

Thanks,

Sunil

Re: Deleting disks on node destroy

Posted by Chris Custine <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sunil,

The code for that is here: http://git.io/NgPOtA and you could certainly do the same thing externally.

It would be awesome if you could debug that and see what is happening and add a Jira issue.  I have debugged the code from the live tests and it always works for me, so there must be something specific with your config or gce project.  The only thing I can come up with is that the find is not returning the disk or something like that.

If you find anything and create a Jira for it, that would be most helpful.

Thanks,
Chris
--
Chris Custine

On August 18, 2014 at 3:13:23 AM, Sunil Shah (sunil@mesosphere.io) wrote:

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the reply.

Looks like it is being set - so something must be failing to delete the disk. Is there an easy abstraction to delete disks via JClouds? We want to check we leave nothing behind when removing instances.

Cheers,

Sunil

On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 8:10 AM, Chris Custine <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Sunil,
They should be deleted unless you specifically set keepBootDisk(true) on the gce template options.  Could you check a running instance that you started with your jclouds code and make sure that the metadata contains jclouds-delete-boot-disk=true? If it is true, then something is just failing trying to delete the disk. If it is missing or false, then there is something odd happening in your template options.

Thanks,
Chris
--
Chris Custine