Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by ravi sankar <sa...@yahoo.co.in.INVALID> on 2016/05/12 03:35:45 UTC

Jaxrs Bean Validation

Hi Team,
    @GET
    @Path("hello1/{pnr}")
    @Produces(MediaType.TEXT_PLAIN)
    public String sayHello(                            @Size(min=6, max=6, message="Check the Size")
                            @Pattern(regexp="[A-Za-z0-9\\-]+$", message="Not a valid PNR")
                            @PathParam("pnr") String pnr) {
        return "PNR";
    }if I give the input as /hello1/$$$$$$
Returns http status 400 bad request and prints an error HelloWorldResource.sayHello.arg0: "Not a valid PNR" in the tomee log
Is it possible to return the message "Not a valid PNR"  in the response body along with http status code of 400.
 I believe  I am requesting a new feature to be added to tomee.
Thanks,Ravisankar Challa

Re: Jaxrs Bean Validation

Posted by Steve Goldsmith <sg...@gmail.com>.
Or catch the exception and place it in an exception field in your entity.
Then it comes back in your payload in a member variable. In my case I map
the errors to HTTP status codes for this particular project to match an
existing client contract:

response =
Response.status(mapReturnCode(retCustStbDto.getException())).entity(retCustStbDto).build();

--
Steven P. Goldsmith

Re: Jaxrs Bean Validation

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.