Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Nishant Sonar <ni...@synechron.com> on 2010/05/27 09:58:48 UTC

Running Mapreduce program apart from command prompt

Hello

I have a requirement where i need to run the mapreduce program from
another java program. I need some mechanism for submitting the job not
from the command line but some other java program should launch the job.

Nishant Sonar

Re: Running Mapreduce program apart from command prompt

Posted by Eric Sammer <es...@cloudera.com>.
Nishant:

You can submit jobs from any java program provided you have the Hadoop
jars and configuration directory in your classpath. This is done with
the normal JobClient class.

--
Eric Sammer
phone: +1-917-287-2675