Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Document <dd...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/31 00:46:18 UTC

How to get substring of a property

Hi,
How do I get a substring of a property? Lets say I have a property whose
value is "some.value". I want only the characters before the dot i.e.
"some". Any pointers? Please reply to me along with the
user@ant.apache.orgemail id

Thanks

AW: How to get substring of a property

Posted by "Knuplesch, Juergen" <Ju...@icongmbh.de>.
I use propertyregex from antcontrib:

          <propertyregex property="vm.propertyname" input="${vm.propertytupel}"
            select="\1"
            defaultvalue="Error"
            override="true"/>
          <echo>Property vm.propertyname=${vm.propertyname}</echo>

--
Jürgen Knuplesch