Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org> on 2014/12/08 20:10:48 UTC

Re: Impala & Bigtop

Hi Rob.

For me the main phylosophical reason is that Impala is a closed-community
project. And I really don't have time to start on the technical reasons of "not to
have it" :(

My real concern though is likely lack of committment from Impala's development
team (read it as "Cloudera isn't committing anything to Bigtop lately").
However, if there's enough momentum in the community to add it and, most
importantly, someone who will step up to champion the future maintance, then I
won't be objecting at all.

Regards,
  Cos