Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mark Hobson <ma...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/12 13:51:39 UTC

[m2] using deployed plugin snapshots with new metadata

I've just svn up'd to the latest m2 and seem to be having issues with
using deployed snapshots of custom plugins that was working
previously.

I deploy the custom plugin with "m2 -DupdateReleaseInfo=true deploy".
All seems to deploy okay, complete with the new XML metadata files.

I then delete any local-repo versions of the plugin and delete
plugin-registry.xml to force auto-discovery of my plugin.  My
settings.xml is setup with the correct pluginGroup.

I then run the plugin goal against another project which fails.  It
seems to be looking for pom urls of the form xxx-SNAPSHOT.pom, rather
than those that are there of the form xxx-20050912.112423-1.pom, even
though the metadata XML file indicates the snapshot version is indeed
20050912.112423, build 1.

Am I doing anything wrong here?

Cheers,

Mark

Re: [m2] using deployed plugin snapshots with new metadata

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Mark, I'll take a look.

- Brett

Posted by Mark Hobson <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Hobson <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Hobson <ma...@gmail.com>.
On 12/09/05, Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ugh. My last fix was a bit short sighted - sorry about that.
>
> I'll keep looking into it.

That's working now thanks.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Hobson <ma...@gmail.com>.
On 12/09/05, Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com> wrote:
> fixed - will commit when svn cleanup gives me back my console :)

Heh, thanks Brett, muchly appreciated.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Hobson <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
On 9/12/05, Mark Hobson <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The remote version metadata is:

<localCopy>true</localCopy>

That's the problem. Will fix.

- Brett

Re: [m2] using deployed plugin snapshots with new metadata

Posted by Mark Hobson <ma...@gmail.com>.
On 12/09/05, Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It sounds like you've got it right. It should simply work.
>
> what is the contents of maven-metadata.xml for the artifact and version on
> the remote server? what about the various copies in the local repository?

The remote artfiact metadata is:

<metadata>
  <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
  <artifactId>maven-tomcat-plugin</artifactId>
  <versioning>
    <latest>1.0-SNAPSHOT</latest>
    <release>1.0-SNAPSHOT</release>
    <versions>
      <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
    </versions>
  </versioning>
</metadata>

The remote version metadata is:

<metadata>
  <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
  <artifactId>maven-tomcat-plugin</artifactId>
  <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <versioning>
    <snapshot>
      <timestamp>20050912.112423</timestamp>
      <buildNumber>1</buildNumber>
      <localCopy>true</localCopy>
    </snapshot>
  </versioning>
</metadata>

My local group metadata for both central and my remote repo is:

<metadata>
  <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
  <plugins>
    <plugin>
      <prefix>tomcat</prefix>
      <artifactId>maven-tomcat-plugin</artifactId>
    </plugin>
  </plugins>
</metadata>

My local artifact metadata for both central and my remote repo is:

<metadata>
  <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
  <artifactId>maven-tomcat-plugin</artifactId>
  <versioning>
    <latest>1.0-SNAPSHOT</latest>
    <release>1.0-SNAPSHOT</release>
    <versions>
      <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
    </versions>
  </versioning>
</metadata>

My local version metadata for my remote repo only is:

<metadata>
  <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
  <artifactId>maven-tomcat-plugin</artifactId>
  <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <versioning>
    <snapshot>
      <timestamp>20050912.112423</timestamp>