Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by steve roussey <ia...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/11 03:22:40 UTC

SO_LINGER

As far as I can tell, Apache 1.3 still assumes that SO_LINGER is
broken on all OSes. Is SO_LINGER still broken on all OSes? What does
Apache2 do with SO_LINGER? I could not figure it out since all the
documentation (manual and code comments) refer to Aapche 1.3 code.
Things like USE_SO_LINGER, which is no longe anwhere in the source.

So does SO_LINGER get used? If not, had this patch been applied to any MPM?

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-httpd-dev&m=109346421501305&w=2

Thanks!!!

-steve--

Re: SO_LINGER

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.
On 8/10/05, steve roussey <ia...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As far as I can tell, Apache 1.3 still assumes that SO_LINGER is
> broken on all OSes. Is SO_LINGER still broken on all OSes?

I don't recall a discussion of that here in the last 5 years.

> What does
> Apache2 do with SO_LINGER?

Apache 2 handles the linger explicitly, like the default 1.3 builds.

> So does SO_LINGER get used? If not, had this patch been applied to any MPM?
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-httpd-dev&m=109346421501305&w=2

no

It would be cool to add that capability to the event mpm t generalize
to a small extent what it can handle without tying up a worker thread.