Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mike1239 <pa...@altran.at> on 2011/10/12 09:06:30 UTC

Apache Tomcat Port Number

Hi,

I installed an Apache Tomcat Server on Port 8081 (8080 was already used by
another Apache Server).
The Server should be accessible externally. Now I have the problem, that
some companies can't access the server (urL: http://servername:8081/, I
guess because 8081 is restricted by their firewalls.

Do you have any idea how I can solve that, are there any other ports which
are usually opened in firewalls?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Apache Tomcat Port Number

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Mike,

This question is more appropriate for the users@ list, not the dev@ list.

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 12/10/2011 08:06, Mike1239 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I installed an Apache Tomcat Server on Port 8081 (8080 was already used by
> another Apache Server).
> The Server should be accessible externally. Now I have the problem, that
> some companies can't access the server (urL: http://servername:8081/, I
> guess because 8081 is restricted by their firewalls.
>
> Do you have any idea how I can solve that, are there any other ports which
> are usually opened in firewalls?
>
> Thanks in advance!

This is a question for the Tomcat Users mailing list.