Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Pramod Srinivasan <pr...@juniper.net> on 2015/10/02 20:25:23 UTC

RE: ZOOKEEPER-1998

gentle nudge!
From: Pramod Srinivasan [pramod@juniper.net]
Sent: Thursday, September 24, 2015 6:56 PM
To: user@zookeeper.apache.org
Subject: ZOOKEEPER-1998

Hello Folks

Are there any plans to fix this bug?

We are hitting a unusual problem with applications getting stuck in the linux kernel when they call getaddrinfo

This is due to a bug in linux kernel:

http://www.spinics.net/lists/netdev/msg328772.html

We hit this problem frequently as we have a number of our applications using the zookeeper client library and due to ZOOKEEPER-1998, our likelihood of hitting this problem increases. We have had mixed luck with getting a fix for the linux kernel bug, it would be good to reduce the probability at least.

Thanks,
Pramod

Re: ZOOKEEPER-1998

Posted by Steven Schlansker <ss...@opentable.com>.
On Oct 2, 2015, at 11:25 AM, Pramod Srinivasan <pr...@juniper.net> wrote:

> Are there any plans to fix this bug?

> We are hitting a unusual problem with applications getting stuck in the linux kernel when they call getaddrinfo
>
> This is due to a bug in linux kernel:
>
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/netdev/msg328772.html
>
> We hit this problem frequently as we have a number of our applications using the zookeeper client library and due to ZOOKEEPER-1998, our likelihood of hitting this problem increases. We have had mixed luck with getting a fix for the linux kernel bug, it would be good to reduce the probability at least.

The linked improvement would certainly be welcome.

We ran into the same problem in a different context, and found
that upgrading from kernel 4.0.4 to 4.0.9 dramatically
improved our situation.

Maybe a similar upgrade helps you out too.