Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Sai Hemanth Gantasala <sa...@cloudera.com.INVALID> on 2020/08/24 19:09:44 UTC

Query regarding accumulo 2.0.0

Hi Team,

I’m trying to upgrade to accumulo 2.0.0 in the Hive project but I see a couple of accumulo dependencies (accumulo-fate, accumlo-trace) jars aren’t released in 2.0.0. I would like to know if it was shipped in another jars or these are due to release.

Currently Hive is using accumulo 1.7.3 and this is compatible with lib-thrift 0.9.3 version. I have upgraded the lib-thrift version to 0.13 (latest) version but accumulo(1.7.3 or 1.9.3) isn’t compatible with thrift 0.13. I would like to know if accumulo 2.0.0 would be compatible with thrift 0.13.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Sai Hemanth.

Re: Query regarding accumulo 2.0.0

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
Hi,

The contents of accumulo-fate.jar were merged into the accumulo-core.jar

The contents of accumulo-trace contained only deprecated code to avoid
converting some of our old trace API calls to the HTrace APIs, and was
removed in 2.x (after being deprecated in 1.7) because it is no longer
needed for Accumulo.

For 2.x, you shouldn't need either of those jars. I hope this answers
your question.

-Christopher