Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ryan Bloom <rb...@covalent.net> on 2002/07/08 19:38:12 UTC

RE: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server protocol.c

>   fix folding when the continuation charater is a blank
>   Reported by:	one of Jeff T's regression test cases

Can this be added to the standard test case?????

Ryan

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server protocol.c

Posted by Greg Ames <gr...@apache.org>.
Ryan Bloom wrote:

> >   fix folding when the continuation charater is a blank
> >   Reported by:        one of Jeff T's regression test cases
>
> Can this be added to the standard test case?????

What standard test case?   Do you mean the perl httpd test suite?  If so, we
better ask somebody who understands it (i.e., not me).

Here's what I fed into netcat to recreate/test this:

----------------------------
GET /builds/jakarta-tomcat/release/v3.1.1/bin/ HTTP/1.0
 (compatible;
 MSIE 5.5;
 Windows NT 5.0)
Host: jakarta.replay

...with a blank line on the end.  This one just tests continuation lines
beginning with blanks.  It would be better to test both blanks and tabs.

I have a similar test case that tests partial lines (no LF on the end) as well.
But that one is trickier for a couple of reasons:  you need a test client that
can send partial lines (I use Jeff's interactive socket tool), and you may have
to work around the Nagle algorithm, which likes to combine small packets.

Greg