Posted to muse-user@ws.apache.org by david2 <Da...@l-3comcept.com> on 2007/07/12 22:11:05 UTC

Topic not Staying with Notification Producer

We are writing a custom Notification Producer that extends
SimpleNotificationProducer.  When we send it the package level message
addTopic(aQName), the Topic gets created and returned successfully.
However, when we later send the same object the hasTopic(aQName) message, it
returns true, but getTopic(aQName) message, it returns null.  This occurs
even if we send the message immediately after adding the Topic.

Example:

	logger.debug("Sending addTopic(" + topicQName + ")");
	Topic topic = this.addTopic(topicQName);
	logger.debug("Added topic = " + topic);
		// returns a valid Topic
	logger.debug("this.hasTopic(" + topicQName + ") = " +
this.hasTopic(topicQName));
		// returns true
	logger.debug("this.getTopic(" + topicQName + ") = " +
this.getTopic(topicQName));
		// returns null

What might cause this?
-David

RE: Topic not Staying with Notification Producer

Posted by david2 <Da...@l-3comcept.com>.
Vinh,

We create our QNames with new QName(namespaceURI, localPart, prefix),
passing in all 3 arguments.

-David

Posted by "Vinh Nguyen (vinguye2)" <vi...@cisco.com>.