Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Alex Amato <aj...@google.com> on 2020/06/30 00:33:59 UTC

Blocked: Precommit failing pull_licenses_java.py in python PR

I thought this was a bit odd as this PR doesn't change java code or deps.

Details in JIRA:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/BEAM/issues/BEAM-10308?filter=allopenissues

404s trying to download this file:

https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/hadoop/hadoop-mapreduce-client-jobclient/2.8.5/hadoop-mapreduce-client-jobclient-2.8.5.jar

Any ideas why this is happening and if there is a workaround to unblock my
PR <https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/12084>?

Re: Blocked: Precommit failing pull_licenses_java.py in python PR

Posted by Alex Amato <aj...@google.com>.
This is failing in two of my PRs now. It looks like this tool already has
dealt with these errors by adding retries. But it only retries 3 times per
URL.

Here is a PR which changes it from 3 to 9 retries.
https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/12130
Would it be possible to merge this? Hopefully this will remove the issue
for everyone :)

Posted by Alex Amato <aj...@google.com>.

Posted by Ahmet Altay <al...@google.com>.