Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Rui Pereira <ru...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/20 18:27:18 UTC

DIH data-config loading

I'm trying to load or delete entities in data-config in runtime, changing
the data-config.xml file, reload and delete or full-import as needed.My
question is: does data-config gets loaded into memory in runtime an reload
only, that is, can I change the file while solr is importing or deleting
data?
Another question: to delete documents, a different handler from import is
used (update), is it problematic to delete documents from a determinate
entity while importing?

Thanks in advance,
   Rui Pereira

Re: DIH data-config loading

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 10:57 PM, Rui Pereira <ru...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to load or delete entities in data-config in runtime, changing
> the data-config.xml file, reload and delete or full-import as needed.My
> question is: does data-config gets loaded into memory in runtime an reload
> only, that is, can I change the file while solr is importing or deleting
> data?
it is safe to edit the data-config.xml . The reload happens only only
if you issue the command=reload-config

> Another question: to delete documents, a different handler from import is
> used (update), is it problematic to delete documents from a determinate
> entity while importing?
Solr does not have an issue , but be aware that the commit may be
happening after the import and if that is OK for your data then it
should be OK

--
--Noble Paul