Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by jo...@sunstarsys.com on 2022/08/16 15:12:32 UTC

:Sealed subs for typed lexicals

Here’s some more fun I’ve been grinding out for the mod_perl community.  Unfortunately I haven’t resolved all the issues with using this stuff in a mod_perl+ithread runtime, but if you figure out the right incantation please let me know:

https://sunstarsys.com/essays/perl7-sealed-lexicals

RE: :Sealed subs for typed lexicals

Posted by jo...@sunstarsys.com.
Benchmarks from last year (based on openoffice.org):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr67QX6aMqU

The build flags for Perl that I’m using on Solaris 11 are documented in the sealed.pm source code linked to from that webpage.

Posted by "Edward J. Sabol" <ed...@gmail.com>.
On Aug 16, 2022, at 11:12 AM, joe@sunstarsys.com wrote:
> Here’s some more fun I’ve been grinding out for the mod_perl community.  Unfortunately I haven’t resolved all the issues with using this stuff in a mod_perl+ithread runtime, but if you figure out the right incantation please let me know:
>
> https://sunstarsys.com/essays/perl7-sealed-lexicals

This looks great, Joe! Could be a real game-changer for mod_perl. I shall follow your development with interest.

Thanks,
Ed