Posted to dev@hivemind.apache.org by Stefano Doni <st...@neptuny.it> on 2006/06/14 17:26:02 UTC

Classloader performance bottleneck

Hello Jeff,
      my name is Stefano, I've seen a post of yours dated Dec 2005 in which
you expose a problem of thread locking between threads.

I have the same problem in a java application: many threads are waiting for
a lock to get access to the Java classloader, as in your situation.

I would be very glad to know how did you solve the problem, since I'm
running out of ideas! It seems that nobody has that problem on the net...

Also, consider that the thread that is holding the lock is almost always
inside some filesystem stuff, as in your case, but here the filesys is
absolutely idle!!!

Many thanks for any reply!!!