Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com> on 1996/11/25 18:15:59 UTC

Releasing 1.2b0

Since we aren't really commiting to versioning until we release 1.2b1
I assume that I am not to tag the repository as 1.2b0 yet? (ever)

Re: Releasing 1.2b0

Posted by Paul Richards <p....@elsevier.co.uk>.
Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com> writes:

> Since we aren't really commiting to versioning until we release 1.2b1
> I assume that I am not to tag the repository as 1.2b0 yet? (ever)

Depends whether we'd ever want to get a "snapshot" back or not. I
don't think there's a real need to get tag-happy. I think we should
tag before all public releases though. If the bumping of the version
number is done as a single commit then it should be possible to place
a tag at that point retrospectively if we ever need to (since there's
a distinct time that the number was bumped when nothing else happened)
so always bump the number as a distinct commit *after* everything for
that "version" has been done.

  Email: p.richards@elsevier.co.uk
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 (0)1865 843155