Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by J T <jt...@googlemail.com> on 2011/09/01 19:52:09 UTC

cassandra-cli describe / dump command

Hi,

I'm probably being blind .. but I can't see any way to dump the schema
definition (and the data in it for that matter)  of a cluster in order to
capture the current schema in a script file for subsequent replaying in to a
different environment.

For example, say I have a DEV env and wanted to create a script containing
the cli commands to create that schema in a UAT env.

In my case, I have a cassandra schema I've been tweaking / upgrading over
the last 2 years and I can't see any easy way to capture the schema
definition.

Is such a thing on the cards for cassandra-cli ?

JT

Re: cassandra-cli describe / dump command

Posted by J T <jt...@googlemail.com>.
Thats brilliant, thanks.

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
yes, cli "show schema" in 0.8.4+