Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jon Strayer <jo...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/28 21:31:36 UTC

HTTP 302 errors

I'm seeing a lot of these errors in my builds:

Initial Messages
Attempting to download core-SNAPSHOT.jar.
Error retrieving artifact from
[http://maven-plugins.sf.net/maven/wfa-billing/jars/core-SNAPSHOT.jar]:
java.io.IOException: Unknown error downloading; status code was: 302

The meaning of the 302 code is:  " The requested resource resides
temporarily under a different URI. Since the redirection might be
altered on occasion, the client SHOULD continue to use the Request-URI
for future requests. This response is only cacheable if indicated by a
Cache-Control or Expires header field."

Has anyone ever seen this before?

The really odd thing is that my Apache error log shows a 304 response,
not a 302.

Re: HTTP 302 errors

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Maven should cope with the redirect,but if you are having problems -X
should show the actual URL it is going to and you can change the
remote repository definition. In this case,I think changing to
sourceforge insteadof sf will do the trick.

Your Apache log shouldn't be showing the 302 at all as the URL above
is going to sourceforge. 304's for other resources indicatesit was not
modified so will not attempt a full download.

HTH,
Brett