Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Martin Kersten <Ma...@mercateo.com> on 2008/03/19 10:27:32 UTC

T5: Official Tutorial still Incomplete

I just needed a custom validator tutorial and found the
offical tutorial of Tapestry 5. Saidly it is still incomplete.
Are there any plans to complete it? It doesn't look very promising
if the official tutorial is out of order. (Also I would appreciate
the additional informations.)

Cheers,

Martin (Kersten)

Re: T5: Official Tutorial still Incomplete

Posted by nicholas Krul <ni...@gmail.com>.
Heh... I'd recommend
Tapestry 5: Building Web Applications

nice tricks on how to cut maven out of the loop (if, like me, you don't like
it). I used it to get started.
T5 was at 5.10, and other than having to use a different maven command (via
the mailing list), Its all smooth sailing.

Other than that, I'd just use the wiki. Not just 'code' but also useful
things like spring and hibernate...

__of course, if looks better from a publicity point of view if tutorials are
finished, but since I'm not going to volunteer, I'm not going to complain.
I'd rather have things like @Secure (have to upgrade to 5.11 the next time I
have a play)

Posted by Olivier Jacquet <oj...@jax.be>.
Hi,