Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by John Borchardt <jo...@megootz.com> on 2002/03/02 23:59:08 UTC

Slide Configuration

I'm trying to configure Slide and I seem to always have a "files" directory
at the root of my namespace.  If I run Slide with the web.xml "scope"
parameter set to "" and the Domain.xml FileContentStore "rootpath" parameter
set to "contentstore", I see a "files" directory when I browse slide with a
WebDav client and a physical "files" directory is created in the
"contentstore" directory.  I'm assuming that this "files" directory
represents the "files" collection in the namespace and all seems
appropriate.  My next step was to set the "scope" parameter to "/files"
which I expect to map my request to the "files" collection in the namespace
while maintaining a file system root at the "contentstore" directory,
thereby eliminating the visible "files" directory when browsing to slide
with the WebDav client.  However, pointing my WebDav Client to slide still
reveals a "files" directory and now the "files" directory is broken
(clicking the "files" directory return a "resource no longer available"
error).  Is this normal?  Am I missing the intent of these parameters? What
am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any and all assistance,

John