Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Xuekun Hu <xu...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/28 03:46:40 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: Can Apache2 cache HTTPS content?

I googled through the intelnet and found some one said that can't cache ssl!

Does anyone know the reason? From my thought, handling https request
just like first SSL handshakes, then read the file and encrypt it
using one algorithm. If read the file from the disk, I think it also
could read from the cache. Sorry if I'm wrong. I'm not expert on this
area.

Thx, Xuekun

Re: [users@httpd] Re: Can Apache2 cache HTTPS content?

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
???  You can cache responses for the HTTP protocol over HTTPS.

HOWEVER, if you are a proxy, and the user is using proxy CONNECT method
to tunnel -through- your server to a backend SSL server, then no, your proxy
sees only encrypted data, and cannot do anything with it.