Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de> on 2017/10/22 13:02:27 UTC

Deprecation of XMLSerializer

Hi everyone,

during my code review for the FindBugs work I saw this Javadoc notice
about XMLSerializer being deprecated, but there is no @deprecated
annotation:

/**
  * XmlSerializer class. This class is deprecated - new code should use the
  * Java object marshalling/unmarshalling methods in
<code>UtilXml.java</code>.
  *
  */
public class XmlSerializer...

Is the notice correct? If yes, I think we should

- add the deprecated annotiation to the class

- start an intiative to refactor the code to use UtilXML instead of
XmlSerializer

What do you think?

Best regards,

Michael

Re: Deprecation of XMLSerializer

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Michael,

I trust Adrian's comment and we have already more uses of UtilXml than XMLSerializer

So +1 to your suggestions

BTW I just reviewed your last batch of commits, and I learned some points doing so.

The use of FindBugs proves to be very useful finally :)

Thanks for the good work!

Jacques