Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Raúl Wild-Spain <rc...@wild-spain.com> on 2002/09/15 22:35:15 UTC

eXist XML Database

Hi!  Does anyone have experience with XML databases like eXist as a base of
web apps ? In all cases is it more useful and with best perform than
relational databases?

I've seen that eXist integrates well with cocoon ...

Regards,

Raúl Cruz,
rcruz@wild-spain.com

Re: XML Databases and Cocoon

Posted by Barbara Post <ba...@ifrance.com>.
Hi Raul,

I personnally use Tamino from Software AG for my project, and Cocoon to
redesign it. The appropriate xmldb driver to make them interact the nicest
way has been partly rewritten for me since it's still a beta, so I have a
version that works and it not bad in terms of efficiency.

I use version 3.1 of Tamino, let's see in December, version 4 will allow
strongest integration with XUpdate support as this database will have more
capabilities. www.softwareag.com for further info, later...

I really like this way I can use my XML database. So my opinion is that it's
necessary for every xml native DB to be accessible through a standardizing
xmldb driver, so that Cocoon developpers have less effort to do. Just my 2
cents :-)

Barbara
--
website : www.babsfrance.fr.st