Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Mark Bean <ma...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/02 16:26:13 UTC

zero downtime upgrade to 1.8.0

I attempted to upgrade a 3-node Cluster from 1.6.0 to 1.8.0. The process I
used was to configure 1.8.0 on all Nodes. Then, one Node at a time,
shutdown the 1.6.0 and startup the 1.8.0 version. For the first Node, I
copied the flow.xml.gz from the previous 1.6.0 installation. (The
authorizations.xml and users.xml was already copied over and no user, user
group or access policy changes took place during the transition.) The
remaining nodes obtained the flow.xml.gz from the cluster on startup.

The process seemed to be successful. Items in the flow remained during the
transition because I referenced the same repositories.

However, I am not able to access the Global Menu nor Provenance. Note the
provenance repo was upgraded from PersistentProvenanceRepository to
WriteAheadProvenanceRepository in the process.

Can someone explain why these features on not available in the upgraded
cluster?

Thanks,
Mark

Re: zero downtime upgrade to 1.8.0

Posted by Mark Bean <ma...@gmail.com>.
Joe,

The new authorizations should not impact the availability of the Global
Menu. And, your second suggestion was spot on. I did a hard refresh and
that cleared it up.

Thanks!
-Mark

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.