Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by "Kunal H. Parikh" <ku...@carsales.com.au> on 2004/04/09 08:43:43 UTC

RE: DynaValidatorActionForm client-side validation

I may be a little off here, but why are you using the
DynaValidatorActionForm ?

Try using the DynaValidatorForm and u should have client-side and
server-side validation working.

This is because, the DynaValidatorActionForm.getValidationKey returns the
mapping PATH, whereas the DynaValidatorForm.getValidationKey returns the
mapping NAME!

HTH,

KP

Posted by Adam Hardy <ah...@cyberspaceroad.com>.
Yes I know, and it's for a reason. DynaValidatorActionForm doesn't exist
by chance.

Regarding the javascript function names, it's not the main validation
function name that's the problem - it's the secondary functions which
instantiate the arrays for the different validations, e.g.
surveyForm_required(), surveyForm_IntegerValidations(),
surveyForm_DateValidations()

Under ValidatorActionForm, they become

/esurvey/survey/update_required()
etc

which are invalid.

If nobody says anything different, I'm going to log this as a bug, if
it's not there already.

I'm not sure why, but I've just realised this thread was going to both
user and dev lists, which is totally unnecessary! I'm just sending this
reply to user.