Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Paul Ferraro <pm...@columbia.edu> on 2005/04/15 19:04:23 UTC

Re: ApplicationRuntimeException

To summarize...
Prior to 3.0.3, the Asset service, which is responsible for streaming
private assets from the classpath, only required a single service
parameter: the path to the resource.  This was problematic since a rogue
user could manipulate the url to fetch any resource such as your
server's config files where you might store passwords to your database!
In 3.0.3 (and the future 4.0), the Asset service now requires 2 service
parameters: the path to the resource, and a checksum of the resource.
The checksum of the resource is computed at the time the link is
rendered.  Checksums are computed via the
ResourceChecksumSource.computeChecksum() method.  The default
ResourceChecksumSource implementation computes checksums as an MD5
digest.  The ResourceChecksumSource implementation may be customized by
overriding the IEngine.getResourceChecksumSource() method.

Does that answer your questions?

Paul