Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by alecx <Al...@oce.com> on 2013/03/07 14:12:37 UTC

Where is the auto-suggest function gone?

Hi,

I just indexed the sample documents in the exampledocs folder and saw the
search suggestions when I search for something in /browse.
Afterwards I deleted the index (like described..) and indexed a folder of
html+pdf files. Searching works but there are no suggestions.
What I need to adjust to make this work again?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Where is the auto-suggest function gone?

Posted by alecx <Al...@oce.com>.
Hello Upayavira, thanks for your reply.

In the example I can see the suggestions "dollar" and  "dock" when I type
"do" in Solritas (http://localhost:8983/solr/collection1/browse?q=).

I already changed the field "name" of spellchecker, because I verified the
name field in the admin section and there were in my indexed content no
data.
So there is nothing to suggest.
Then I checked which field contains data and put in this field name into the
field name of spellcheck, but nothing happened - still no suggestions ...

Re: Where is the auto-suggest function gone?

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
Are you thinking of spellchecking? Where are you seeing suggestions?

If you are thinking of spellchecking, by default the spellchecker uses
the 'name' field, and you have likely indexed into the 'text' field,
hence no results being returned.

Upayavira