Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com> on 2000/02/29 05:35:41 UTC

Mirror site discussion - another thought...

I just tossed out a 1.3.12 notice in the windows forum for the Win32
binaries availablity, and wanted to note how the mirror sites reflect the
path specs.

I noticed that http://dolemite.toronto.com/apache/dist/binaries/win32/
is so far out of date that it doesn't include the 1.3.11 build.

Not picking on this one mirror, but would it make sense to run a bot
periodically against our 'proscribed' list of mirrors, and single out those
that are > one week/month/year out of date?

Bill

pps obviously some push-pull mechanism will alievate some of this, tho not
all mirror operators may be willing to use such a method.

RE: Mirror site discussion - another thought...

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>.
Nooo.... I ment that literally, there was no version 1.3.11 (nor .12) - the
last update appeared to be November with 1.3.9.