Posted to apreq-dev@httpd.apache.org by greg boyington <ev...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/25 17:50:48 UTC

where did the configure script go?

Hello List,

I hope this is a foolish question.  When I check out the current
libapreq2 via svn, I don't get a configure script:

 [ ~/tmp ] svn checkout
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/apreq/trunk/ httpd-apreq-2 |grep
configure
A    httpd-apreq-2/configure.ac

Thus I cannot do the build:

 [ ~/tmp/httpd-apreq-2 ] perl Makefile.PL
perl: 5.8.8 ok
mod_perl2: 2.000003 ok
Apache::Test: 1.29 ok
ExtUtils::MakeMaker: 6.30 ok
ExtUtils::XSBuilder: 0.28 ok
Test::More: 0.62 ok
./configure --enable-perl-glue
--with-apache2-apxs="/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs"
--with-perl="/usr/bin/perl"
sh: ./configure: No such file or directory

For kicks, I downloaded the latest development snapshot from

http://svn.apache.org/snapshots/apreq/apreq_20080325162856.tar.gz

And there's no configure script in there either.  Am I being
completely dense, or is something else going on?

Cheers,
Greg

Re: where did the configure script go?

Posted by Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>.
On Tue, 2008-03-25 at 12:50 -0400, greg boyington wrote:

> I hope this is a foolish question.  When I check out the current
> libapreq2 via svn, I don't get a configure script:

Run ./buildconf.

--
Bojan