Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> on 2009/01/21 14:38:31 UTC

Test failures in jcrinstall extension

Hi Sling devs,

I just did a fresh checkout of the trunk (Mac OS X, Java 1.5.0_16).

The command

   mvn -s /dev/null clean install

resulted in

Failed tests:
testWebServerRoot(org.apache.sling.jcr.jcrinstall.integrationtest.HttpPingTest)
test404(org.apache.sling.jcr.jcrinstall.integrationtest.HttpPingTest)
testStopAndRestart(org.apache.sling.jcr.jcrinstall.integrationtest.StopAndRestartTest)
testInstallAndRemoveBundles(org.apache.sling.jcr.jcrinstall.integrationtest.InstallClonedBundlesTest)
testStopAndRestart(org.apache.sling.jcr.jcrinstall.integrationtest.StopAndChangeBundlesTest)

The log files contain this error:

unit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Sling services not available.
Already checked in earlier tests.
         at
org.apache.sling.commons.testing.integration.HttpTestBase.waitForSlingStartup(HttpTestBase.java:156)

Any hints what might be going wrong?

TIA!

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH

Re: Test failures in jcrinstall extension

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
ok, so for now, I just switch them off, while I try to fix them

Regards
Felix

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 3:53 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Bertrand Delacretaz schrieb:
> On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 3:22 PM, Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> ...ok, how about removing jcr install from the default build ? Like for
>> example create a new inactive-by-default profile for jcrinstall ?...
>
> I'd be ok with that if we have a continuous integration setup where
> those jcrinstall tests run regularly.  Otherwise we tend to forget to
> run those tests, until it's too late.

It depends on what you want to have: JCRInstall as part of the build or
not. If we want to integrate JCRInstall into the main build, I suggest
we also integrate the JCRInstall integration tests with the rest of the
integration tests.

Or the other way around: If I build the whole stuff, I am fine with
building, what's there. If it includes JCRInstall, fine. If it doesn't
fine, too. But if JCRInstall is included, it should be properly
integrated like any other module we have.

The problem basically is maintaining all these launchpad modules like
app, webapp, jcrapp, testing and jcrinstall/testing tends to turn into a
massive task. So reducing the number of these launchpad modules, would
probable be something very helpful. It is much better now with the new
structure, but it still is kind of a "mess" to set this up and we might
want to come up with something better.

How about this: We integrate the JCRInstall integration tests with the
main integration tests by means of a build profile. You may then switch
on or off this profile to run the integration tests with or without
JCRInstall.

WDYT ?

Regards
Felix

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Hmm, looks like I forgot to migrate the jcrinstall integration test
module to the new launchpad.