Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by ol...@invensys.com on 2003/01/29 01:45:17 UTC

Problem linking a release build

Hi folks,

I'm trying to create a release build of Xalan with VC++ 6.0. I have copied
the link settings, changing the relevant xerces and xalan libs from the '
_1D' version to '_1' (I'm using xerces 2.1 and xalan 1.4). However, I get
this linking problem:

ValidationManager.lib(CSchematronValidator.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved
external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall XalanDOMString::
~XalanDOMString(void)" (__imp_??1XalanDOMString@@QAE@XZ)

Are there extra libraries necessary for the release build?

Any help would be most appreciated.

--
Oli

Re: Problem linking a release build

Posted by David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM <da...@us.ibm.com>.

Hi Oliver,

You probably just need to add another library for the release build.  Make
sure you're linking against XalanDOM_1.lib for the release build.  You
don't need this for the debug build because the compiler is doing different
code generation in Debug (it's putting an out-of-line copy in each
compilation unit.)

The next release will consolidate all of the Xalan DLLs into one DLL, which
will make this simpler.

Dave

                      oliver.white@inv
                      ensys.com                To:      xalan-c-users@xml.apache.org
                                               cc:      (bcc: David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM)
                      01/28/2003 04:45         Subject: Problem linking a release build
                      PM