Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2002/05/29 01:52:17 UTC

[messenger] Re: Messagelets problems !

Messagelets problems !Hi Romulus

I've CC'd the commons-dev list in case others might find this interesting. From inside a Servlet you should be able to use the following code to send a message to some server via JMS, then block until a response comes back.

Messenger messenger = MessengerManager.get( "myConnection" );
Destination destination = messenger.getDestination( "jms/Queue" );
TextMessage message = messenger.createTextMessage( "this is some text, maybe even XML" );
Message response = messenger.call( destination, message );

The above will wait until the response is sent from the server process. For details of how to write the server side, to consume a message from a queue then send a response, there are examples using either a Messagelet, a Message Driven Object or even a Servlet here:-

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-commons-sandbox/messenger/src/webapp/src/

The configuration files required to deploy the server side in a Servlet container are here

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-commons-sandbox/messenger/src/webapp/conf/

James