Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Ian Packer <ia...@byzantium.com> on 1999/08/12 11:49:45 UTC

mod_jserv/4852: Accessing Class files in packages.

>Number:         4852
>Category:       mod_jserv
>Synopsis:       Accessing Class files in packages.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
When using the old version of JServ (before Servlet zones) I was able to access
Java Classes eg. package.ServletClass with the URL
http://my.domain/servlets/package/ServletClass

Unfortunately I am unable to recreate this case using the new 1.0 JServ.
You can access it with package.ServletClass but this
introduces problems with HttpServletResponse.encodeUrl( String ) as it
strips of the `package.' part leaving:
http://my.domain/servlets/ServletClass as the resulting URL.

I have managed to kludge things by putting Servlet aliases like:
serlvet.ServletClass.code=package.ServletClass
and then changing the original URLs to http://my.domain/servlets/ServletClass
(ie. missing of the `package/' part) but this has massive implications as
I have a site with over 1000 URLs that need to be changed.

Is there anyway I can set up Jserv so I can continue accessing Servlets
with the package name in the URL (using `/' instead of `.') ie.
http://my.domain/servlets/package/ServletClass
...and not remove the ability to access Servlets not in packages with

[to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]