Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de> on 2004/03/04 00:40:22 UTC

Re: Default ProcessingPipline implementation?

On 29.02.2004 14:53, Unico Hommes wrote:

>>> See the root sitemap where it says:
>>>
>>>   <map:pipes default="caching">
>>>
>>> ;-)
>>>
>>> Unico
>>>
>> And what happens if I dont specify an element <map:pipes/> in the root
>> sitemap? ;-)
>> Which ProcessingPipeline is will be used then?
>>

> AFAICT this would generate an error. Doesn't it?

Yes, it does. I came across this when setting up my first real life
project with Cocoon 2.1. I got a nearly meaningless error message
(something like null hint) when moving my "block" out of the Cocoon
deployment to its own place, so the block subsitemap became a root
sitemap. What I want to point at is the poor error message. AFAIK it's
much more expressive e.g. when the default generator is not set. Is it
possible to express a real error message for map:pipes too? I guess so,
just need somebody who does this for me :)

Joerg

Re: Default ProcessingPipline implementation?

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 11.03.2004 00:40, Unico Hommes wrote:

>> For not setting default pipe I get:
>>
>> org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException: pipes:
>> ComponentSelector Attempted to retrieve component with null hint.
>>
>> For not setting default generator I get:
>>
>> org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: No
>> default type exists for 'generate' at
>> file:/D:/cocoon-2.1/build/webapp/sitemap.xmap:496:42
>>
>> Guess which one I like more :)
>>

> Not setting a default pipeline now produces:
>
> No default type exists for 'pipeline' at
> file:/D:/code/cocoon-2.1/build/webapp/sitemap.xmap:438:17
>
> Happy? ;-)

Partly :)
I tested it and it works for the main sitemap. I tested the request
http://127.0.0.1:8888/samples/, which leads to the expected error
message. Adding @type="caching" to the pipeline in the main sitemap
leads again to the non-expressive error message for the sub-sitemap,
that has no default and no type specified.

Thanks for your effort though.

Joerg

Re: Default ProcessingPipline implementation?

Posted by Unico Hommes <un...@hippo.nl>.

--
Unico

Re: Default ProcessingPipline implementation?

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Unico Hommes <un...@hippo.nl>.