Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by "Thamm, Russell" <ru...@dsto.defence.gov.au> on 2002/08/15 08:32:34 UTC

Problems wih DAV:autoversion = DAV:checkout

Hi,

I have been playing with the DELTAV stuff in Slide.

Everything seems to work pretty much as expected. But when I set
autoversion to checkout, Slide does not behave as I expect.

According to my understanding, if I PUT a new copy of a checked-in
version-controlled
resource, the old copy should be checked out, the new copy should overwrite
the
checked-out resource, but no checkin should occur and no new version should
be created until I perform an explicit checkin.

However, when I do this, Slide creates a new version, exactly as if
autoversion were set to checkout-checkin.

Am I misunderstanding this?

thanks
Russell Thamm