Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Mark ." <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2004/11/01 23:41:41 UTC

Axis 1.1/1.2 - Accessing web services through an authenticating proxy

Hi,

For some reason I cannot use Axis to access a web service through my
university’s authenticating proxy. No matter what I do (set system
properties, install an Authenticator, etc) it won’t add the
username/password I supply to the HTTP header of the request. As a result I
get back a 407 Proxy Authentication Required error.

I am using Axis 1.1, and have also tried using Axis 1.2 RC1. I notice this
problem does not occur on Axis 1.0, in which the following code will do the
job:

      System.setProperty("http.proxyHost", "proxy_address");
      System.setProperty("http.proxyPort", "proxy_port");
      System.setProperty("http.proxyUser", "proxy_username");
      System.setProperty("http.proxyPassword", "proxy_password");

I would be very grateful if you could point me in the right direction!

Kind regards,

Mark Lee
Australia