Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jonathan Cochran <jc...@hotmail.com> on 2009/04/23 21:07:45 UTC

Tomcat Manager App on a Closed Network

I have Apache Tomcat 6.0.18 installed on a server that is not connected to the Internet.  When I run the Tomcat Web Application Manager and click the number of Sessions to list them, the page eventually comes back with an error complaining that it can't find "xhtml1-transitional.dtd" at the www.w3.org web site.  Is there any way to get the Manager application to work on a closed network?

Thanks

http://windowslive.com/online/skydrive?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_skydrive_042009

RE: Tomcat Manager App on a Closed Network

Posted by "Anthony J. Biacco" <ab...@formatdynamics.com>.
Probably not the best solution, but you could always resolve the DNS for
www.w3.org internally to your local apache web server (if you have one)
or to the tomcat server (if you're running the http port), build the
sub-directories for the URI's path, download the dtd file from w3.org
and stick it in there.

-Tony
Manager, IT Operations
Format Dynamics, Inc.