Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Bud Witney <wi...@osu.edu> on 2005/10/14 16:45:33 UTC

Searching by region or subset

     What is the best way to use nutch for searching sub groups of
site for example to only display results for Universities in the
Northwest.
We index factsheets across US and Canada. Many of our searchers would
like to be region specific. However we mainly want the Search all
option..

Does this require multiple instances of nutch running??

We currently use HTdig for this. We can tell it which db to search
and use merge to to merge the sites into a regional.db or all.db
after crawling each site as its on db.

our search page  is located at http://Plantfacts.osu.edu/web

We would really like to convert over to Nutch. its a great tool  many
Kudos to developers

Any comments or help with this would be much appreciated.

-Bud