Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com> on 2004/08/02 13:47:12 UTC

Re: Tapestry on CD/Offline

What do you mean by "offline"?   You need a web container.... so at the
minimum you need something like Jetty and a way to launch it.  I'm sure
you could wrap it all into a single launchable JAR file that can be
double-clicked and even open up the default browser.  ZOE (zoe.nu) does
this type of thing.

	Erik

Re: Tapestry on CD/Offline

Posted by Cyril Godefroy <cy...@ecomposite.fr>.
Makes sense. A typical solution might be:
Jetty as the web app container
Hsqldb as the database (in memory version)

but then, you might even use struts or jsf. Tapestry won't bring you
anything special in that regard ( it does already for many other
aspects).

Cyril

Re: Tapestry on CD/Offline

Posted by tibolists <ti...@free.fr>.
What I wanna mean by "Offline",
is: not connected to the net.

Well, in fact, the goal, is to have a tapestry app, work as a standalone
program.

even if the user's computer do not have a webserver and anything else
the OS installed on it.