Posted to dev@dubbo.apache.org by Jun Liu <li...@apache.org> on 2020/10/28 08:08:05 UTC

Brand new official site supporting versioned documentation

Hi, All

I just developed a new Dubbo Website, the main initiative for doing this is to support versioned documentations, a feature that the community has discussed for a long time. I think another advantage of this new site is that it uses a professional Markdown doc tool named MKDocs[1],  which makes the whole site simpler and easier to concentrate on the contents, e.g., docs and blogs.

The source code is now holding at my forked repo[2], you can also check the following link[3] for a brief preview of the whole site.

1. https://www.mkdocs.org/
2. https://github.com/chickenlj/incubator-dubbo-website/tree/mkdocs
3. https://chickenlj.github.io/incubator-dubbo-website/en-us/

Jun

Re: Brand new official site supporting versioned documentation

Posted by Jun Liu <li...@apache.org>.
Hi,

There’s no objection so far, I am going to publish the site, if there’re feedbacks that worth further triagle please let me know.

Jun

Posted by Jun Liu <li...@apache.org>.
Most of the works can be done by following the instructions of MKDocs-Material[1] very quickly. The majority of times I spent was on the home page and the customization of mkdocs-material, I think it’s about 3-4 days full-day work.

Jun

Posted by YunKun Huang <ht...@gmail.com>.
another question for this.

Posted by YunKun Huang <ht...@gmail.com>.