Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org> on 1999/02/09 19:11:11 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/support httpd.exp

On 9 Feb 1999 fielding@hyperreal.org wrote:

>   -    /* Check the If-Range header for Etag or Date */
>   -
>   +    /* Check the If-Range header for Etag or Date.
>   +     * Note that this check will return false (as required) if either
>   +     * of the two etags are weak.
>   +     */
>        if ((if_range = ap_table_get(r->headers_in, "If-Range"))) {
>            if (if_range[0] == '"') {
>                if (!(match = ap_table_get(r->headers_out, "Etag")) ||
>   -                (strcasecmp(if_range, match) != 0))
>   +                (strcmp(if_range, match) != 0))
>                    return 0;
>            }

But if both are weak it will do a range request, and that's incorrect.
Sure, the client shouldn't be issuing an If-Range with a weak tag, but...

Also, regarding ap_*_list_item and comments, section 2.2 of http/1.1
rev-06 says:

    Comments can be included in some HTTP header fields by surrounding
    the comment text with parentheses. Comments are only allowed in
    fields containing "comment" as part of their field value definition.
    In all other fields, parentheses are considered part of the field
    value.

I only see "comment" as part of the field value definition for Server,
User-Agent, and Via.  So I don't think it's correct to be skipping
"comments" in If-Match, If-None-Match, ...

Dean