Posted to user@spark.apache.org by lk_spark <lk...@163.com> on 2016/10/20 05:56:18 UTC

Spark ExternalTable doesn't recognize subdir

hi,all
   my issue is everyday I will receive some json datafile , I want to convert them to parquet file and save to hdfs,
   the floder will like this:
   /my_table_base_floder
          /my_table_base_floder/day_2
          /my_table_base_floder/day_3

where the parquet files of "day_1" was store in  /my_table_base_floder
then I run : sqlContext.createExternalTable("tpc1.customer","hdfs://master1:9000/my_table_base_floder","parquet")
but when I save parquet file to subdir ,for example :  /my_table_base_floder/day_2  and refresh the metadata.
spark doesn't recognize the data in subdir. How I can do it ?

2016-10-20

lk_spark